Supporting students no matter their background or exposure is critical for academic and emotional success. This course outlines the framework and strategies for implementing trauma-informed classroom instruction as well as how to create a trauma-informed school.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Learn the definition of trauma-informed classrooms
- Explore the research behind the data surrounding trauma-informed classrooms
- Gain a deeper understanding of how trauma scores are measured
- Learn the forms of trauma influencing classroom behavior and cultivate resources that can be used in the classroom
- Review the framework of trauma-informed schools and explore supplemental resources that support the implementation