Must Do / Can Do strategy provides students with a list of activities they must do and a list of activities they can do when they complete the must dos. This practical learning experience combines videos of teachers sharing their own applications with other teacher-created examples and is designed specifically for 6-12 educators who want to promote choice and motivation. TLS has worked with thousands of educators helping them translate their effective practice to Differentiated Instruction (DI). ‘Teacher of teachers’, Dr. Pete Grande and TLS team provide you with everything you need for a meaningful, valuable and doable learning experience.
DI is a framework for instruction that clarifies curricular objectives, uses ongoing formative assessment to engage learners at the correct level of difficulty, and establishes an environment conducive to the advancement of academic growth. Must do/Can do is part of the TLS Making DI Doable series of 12 DI strategy offerings. Take them all!
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Define the DI strategy of Must Do / Can Do and identify why and how Must Do / Can Do lessons increase student learning
- Analyze Must Do / Can Do lessons for Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging (A R E) characteristics
- Learn how to manage a Must Do / Can Do lesson
- Study Look Fors when constructing and/or observing a Must Do / Can Do lesson
- Create a Must Do / Can Do lesson that challenges students at their correct level of difficulty
- Know how Must Do / Can Do can help teachers answer the DI essential question: How can I use the Four Pillars of DI–Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Management–to be more Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging?