Challenge by Choice is a better way to review. Challenge by Choice offers structured choices for students based on areas of need as determined by self-assessment or the teacher’s assessment. Challenge by Choice is helpful for any content ‘review’ session, and it has great application to the Math classroom. This practical learning experience combines videos of teachers sharing their own applications with other teacher-created examples and is designed specifically for K-5 educators who want to promote thinking and motivation. TLS has worked with thousands of educators helping them translate their effective practice to Differentiated Instruction (DI). ‘Teacher of teachers’, Dr. Pete Grande and TLS team provide you with everything you need for a meaningful, valuable and doable learning experience.
DI is a framework for instruction that clarifies curricular objectives, uses ongoing formative assessment to engage learners at the correct level of difficulty, and establishes an environment conducive to the advancement of academic growth. Challenge by Choice is part of the TLS Making DI Doable series of 12 DI strategy offerings. Take them all!
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Define the DI strategy of Challenge by Choice and identify why and how Challenge by Choice lessons increase student learning
- Analyze Challenge by Choice lessons for Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging (A R E) characteristics
- Learn how to manage a Challenge by Choices lesson
- Study Look Fors when constructing and/or observing a Challenge by Choice lesson
- Create a Challenge by Choice lesson that challenges students at their correct level of difficulty
- Know how Challenge by Choice can help teachers answer the DI essential question: How can I use the Four Pillars of DI–Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Management–to be more Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging?