Expert Partner Jigsaw is a cooperative learning, DI strategy where students work with partners to complete one of several assigned tasks that culminates in each student coming to a complete and full understanding of the final product. This practical learning experience combines videos of teachers sharing their own applications with other teacher-created examples and is designed specifically for K-5 educators who want to promote thinking and interaction. TLS has worked with thousands of educators helping them translate their effective practice to Differentiated Instruction (DI). ‘Teacher of teachers’, Dr. Pete Grande and TLS team provide you with everything you need for a meaningful, valuable and doable learning experience.
DI is a framework for instruction that clarifies curricular objectives, uses ongoing formative assessment to engage learners at the correct level of difficulty, and establishes an environment conducive to the advancement of academic growth. Expert Partner Jigsaw is part of the TLS Making DI Doable series of 12 DI strategy offerings. Take them all!
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Define the DI strategy of Expert Partner Jigsaw and identify why and how Expert Partner Jigsaw lessons increase student learning
- Analyze Expert Partner Jigsaw lessons for Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging (A R E) characteristics
- Learn how to manage an Expert Partner Jigsaw lesson
- Study Look Fors when constructing and/or observing an Expert Partner Jigsaw lesson
- Create an Expert Partner Jigsaw lesson that challenges students at their correct level of difficulty
- Know how Expert Partner Jigsaw can help teachers answer the DI essential question: How can I use the Four Pillars of DI–Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Management–to be more Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging?