Writing from Sources is another instructional shift utilized when teaching Text-Dependent Analysis (TDA). In this Learning Path, the Common Core Anchor Standards for Writing will be explored to build background knowledge about college and career readiness expectations for writing. Opportunities to annotate text and draft text-based questions are also built into this learning path.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Connect Close Reading and writing to Text-Dependent Analysis;
- Use the Text Dependent Analysis Scoring Rubric to assess writing;
- Read the Common Core State Standards Anchor Standards for Writing and connect them to TDA.
- View examples of anchor charts to support skills, strategies and background knowledge;
- Explore examples of writing to learn prompts; and
- Review sources to find text, tutorials and example videos to use in Text-Dependent Analysis lessons.
Pennsylvania Association of Intermediate Units (PAIU)
Represents and supports PA’s 29 IUs
Provides a variety of Learning Paths to support educators