Habits are powerful forces in our lives. They determine our level of effectiveness or ineffectiveness. The purpose of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® is to help you lead your life in a truly effective way.
The 7 Habits® – Foundational Principles and Habit 1 is the first in a series of four Learning Paths available exclusively to Pennsylvania educators for Act 48 credit. In this Learning Path you will explore the foundational principles of human effectiveness that propel you toward greater maturity and performance and delve into Habit 1 – Be Proactive® where you will explore the concept of Circle of Influence and Circle of Concern.
Stephen Covey was the author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®, which has sold over 30 million copies in over 40 languages. It is one of the most significant business books of all time. Dr. Covey’s lifelong mission was to “unleash human potential.” The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® are the accumulated wisdom he synthesized into a comprehensive framework that allows you to be effective in your work and personal life.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Learn about each of The 7 Habits® and how they can help you to be more effective, personally and professionally;
- Explore the four foundational concepts of The 7 Habits®;
- Focus on the four effective practices of Habit 1:
- Pause and Respond Based on Principles and Desired Results
- Using Proactive Language
- Focus on Your Circle of Influence®
- Become a Transition Person; and
- Explore ways to strengthen your proactive muscle, by applying the 4 Unique Human Gifts.