The ProEthica® program is an online professional development program designed to help educators balance caring for students with maintaining proper professional distance. By having teachers and school leaders think through ethical dilemmas and situations in advance, the ProEthica program helps prepare them to make decisions that minimize risk and protect students.
Learning Path Outcomes:
The ProEthica® program is designed to help educators:
- gain an understanding of professional ethics and the risks inherent in the teaching profession
- think through scenarios in advance, using the Model Code of Educator Ethics as a decision-making framework
- engage in difficult, but crucial, conversations with colleagues and administrators
- balance the often competing obligations and expectations in their relationships with students, their school and their community
- apply the Model Code of Educator Ethics principles