As an educator, the outcomes of drug and substance abuse appear in the learning environment. Opioids and Substance Abuse: Addressing the Epidemic will examine drug and substance abuse through a statistical lens as well as through a prevention lens. This learning path will explore alarming statistics as well as evidence-based drug prevention strategies and programs that can be used in the search for solutions. Through knowledge-building activities, questions, videos, and application activities, participants will learn what schools can do to help prevent the growing epidemic.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Become more aware of the epidemic facing students and learn how Pennsylvania compares to the national growing epidemic.
- Discover evidence-based drug prevention strategies that prevent or reduce the use and abuse of drugs.
- Explore the various programs available to you such as SAP, PACT360 among other public programs that can help a student who is struggling with opioids.
- Learn about the use of Naloxone and how Act 139 can be used in schools.
- Discover strategies for creating classroom environments that are positive and conducive to learning
Pennsylvania Association of Intermediate Units (PAIU)
Represents and supports PA’s 29 IUs
Provides a variety of Learning Paths to support educators