Study and reflect on the progress you are making on realizing a transformational vision for your learning community. Bea McGarvey, co-author of Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning (MCL), guides this online institute. Shifting the Mindset, the first of eight Learning Paths and a pre-requisite for the remaining seven, focuses on the foundational understandings necessary to replace the Industrial Age model of schools with MCL’s Information Age vision of a learning community.
Learning Path Outcomes:
Within the 5 modules of the Shifting the Mindset learning path, you will increase your understanding of an plan the next steps for yourself and for you learning community regarding:
- The rationale for and components of the Mass Customized Learning Vision;
- The role and parts of creating a shared vision – Strategic Direction – for your learning community;
- The current research on motivation and the implications for your learning community;
- The paradigm shifts fueling the MCL Vision;
- The value of shifting from a culture of compliance and control to one of empowerment and investment.