Learning Choices are a set of Assessment Driven activity choices that provide students with opportunities to choose how they demonstrate their learning. This practical learning experience combines videos of teachers sharing their own application with other teacher-created examples and is designed specifically for K-5 educators who want to promote engagement and motivation. TLS has worked with thousands of educators helping them translate their effective practice to Differentiated Instruction (DI). ‘Teacher of teachers’, Dr. Pete Grande and TLS team provide you with everything you need for a meaningful, valuable and doable learning experience.
DI is a framework for instruction that clarifies curricular objectives, uses ongoing formative assessment to engage learners at the correct level of difficulty, and establishes an environment conducive to the advancement of academic growth. Learning Choices is part of the TLS Making DI Doable series of 12 DI strategy offerings. Take them all!
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Define the DI strategy of Learning Choices and identify why and how Learning Choices lessons increase student learning
- Analyze Learning Choices lessons for Assessment Driven, Responsive, and Engaging (A R E) characteristics
- Learn how to manage a Learning Choices lesson
- Study Look Fors when constructing and/or observing a Learning Choices lesson
- Create a Learning Choices lesson that challenges students at their correct level of difficulty
- Know how Learning Choices can help teachers answer the DI essential question: How can I use the Four Pillars of DI–Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Management–to be more Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging?