Learn how to strengthen your school’s existing K-3 program and more effectively support continuous growth for students as they enter and move through the primary grades.
High quality Pre-K programs provide the foundation for entry into the K-12 learning environment. Acknowledgment of the Pre-K programs and what they offer children is key to continuing the trajectory to success–academically, socially, and emotionally.
This Learning Path will focus on understanding the factors that contribute to a seamless transition from Pre-K to K-12 via the Pre-K PA toolkit.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Identify, articulate and reflect upon the importance of Pre-K to K-3 alignment,
- Identify the factors that contribute to supporting kindergarten-ready students,
- Review the practices that support continuous growth,
- Self-assess the status of your school in employing best practice as kindergarten ready students enter the system, and
- Develop an action plan to improve K-3 practices for your school.
Pennsylvania Association of Intermediate Units (PAIU)
Represents and supports PA’s 29 IUs
Provides a variety of Learning Paths to support educators