DI is an instructional process that clarifies curricular objectives, uses ongoing formative assessment to engage learners at the correct level of difficulty, and establishes an environment conducive to the advancement of academic growth. In this Learning Path you will learn about TLS’s two DI Frameworks: Four Pillars of DI (see graphic) – Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction, Management, and A R E – Assessment Driven, Responsive and Engaging.
Understanding these two frameworks will assist your participation in the other DI Strategy Learning Paths. Frameworks for DI is the foundation for the TLS Making DI Doable series of 12 strategy offerings. Take them all!
Learning Path Outcomes:
- know the two TLS DI Frameworks
- compare effective instruction to differentiated instruction
- reflect on the TLS DI Frameworks
- analyze the TLS DI Frameworks and your practice, and
- reflect on formative assessment.