This Learning Path prioritizes the classroom environment, recognizing that a classroom’s culture, physical layout, and print-rich environment can serve to welcome diverse learners and positively foster their social, emotional, cultural, linguistic, and academic development.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Describe ways to foster relationships and build rapport among students and teachers;
- Analyze how classroom structures and procedures influence students’ participation;
- Summarize how student interaction fosters learning and language development;
- Explore how the physical layout of classrooms influences student interaction;
- Explain environmental print scaffolds for learning and language development; and
- Analyze the role and inclusion of native language in print-rich classroom environment.