Build an awareness of cultural and linguistic diversity in schools in this free, introductory Learning Path by Dr. Amy Heineke. This series of Learning Paths was designed to support teachers and leaders in better serving the increasingly diverse student populations in classrooms and schools across the nation.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Investigate the increasing cultural and linguistic diversity in US schools;
- Compare approaches to teaching culturally and linguistically diverse students;
- Preview the content of Teaching CLD Student’s six Learning Paths;
- Summarize how the upcoming Learning Paths will contribute to CLD student achievement;
- Explore the diversification of 21st century classrooms and schools; and
- Learn to understand the roles of teachers and leaders in supporting the learning, language development, and academic achievement of all students.