This online learning experiences focuses on the roles of teachers and leaders in serving as caring advocates for CLD learners, their families, and their communities. This Learning Path emphasizes educators’ unique and important roles as advocates for culturally and linguistically diverse students and their families. Contemporarily situated after the 2016 presidential election, this Learning Path specifically focuses on supporting immigrants, refugees, and people of color.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Critique the American educational institution from the perspective of CLD students;
- Reflect on the teacher’s role in deconstructing and addressing these societal realities;
- Explain how teachers can serve as advocates for CLD students, parents, and families;
- Explore ways to support CLD students’ social and emotional learning and development; and
- Summarize available resources in your community to support CLD students and families.