Build an awareness of the rich cultural and linguistic diversity in schools in this introductory Learning Path by Dr. Amy Heineke. This series of Learning Paths was designed to support teachers and leaders in better serving the increasingly diverse student populations in classrooms and schools through authentic, engaging, effective, and responsive practice.
Learning Path Outcomes:
- Investigate the increasing cultural and linguistic diversity in US schools;
- Compare approaches to teaching culturally and linguistically diverse students;
- Describe the policies that influence practice with CLD students in schools.
- List and deconstruct the various labels used to define CLD students in schools, and
- Explain the importance of discerning students’ diverse backgrounds and abilities.